In first article of this series we setup the New Email Capabilities with Business Central.
We also setup email scenarios with multiple emails right now.
If you haven't read part 1 of this series please read here.
As we have setup email scenarios for sales & purchase lets test those scenarios.
Open Sales order page and choose Email Confirmation from Print/Send Action Group as shown below.
System will prepare the email as it used to do in earlier version of business central but with From Email will be set based on scenarios. (as shown below).
If we try to Send Email from the purchase order which is in the different email scenario, the default sender email address will be different as per the scenario.
If you notice the window, you will notice that with new email capabilities -
- have fully functional outlook email editor with all formatting capabilities.
- also with new email capabilities you can also add unlimited attachments to an email.
If you don't want to send that email add that time you try to close the email window, system will prompt you like outlook to either keep as draft email or Discard email.
For all emails that are saved as Draft email you can check all of them using Email Outbox page.
In outbox page you can -
- See all the emails that are queued for sending (Just like outlook).
- send emails in the outbox.
- check error message for the email.
- Also Investigate Error message.
In next article, we will conclude new email feature with Business Central 2020 release Wave 2 and higher.
Let me know your views as comment to this article.