Thanks for the Great Response to the new Series with first article.
- You can configure two dimensions as global dimensions.
- Users configure the dimensions in the General Ledger Setup card.
- The global dimensions are stored as physical attributes (fields) on the tables that they describe.
- Users can easily filter the entries, or use global dimension filters on reports, batch jobs, account schedules, and so on.
- Six additional dimensions can be shortcut dimensions.
- Unlike global dimensions, these dimensions are not present as actual fields in tables, but are displayed as fields in document and journal pages.
- This enables users to enter dimension values directly on the lines in journals or documents.
- This saves time and increases productivity.
- You can define & use unlimited Dimensions in a company.
- A total of eight dimensions can be setup in Setup.
- Shortcut Dimension 1 & 2 are same as Global Dimension 1 & 2.
- Changing global dimension but its a time consuming process which depends on database size.
- Global Dimension Caption in pages/report based on Code Caption in Dimension Table.
- Global Dimension Filter Caption in pages/reports based on Filter Caption in Dimension Table.
- To Analyze based on Shortcut Dimension you can use Analysis view.
If you have any other basic stuff that you would like to discuss please let me know and I will try to write an article on this.
Let me know your views as comment to this article.